Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Plan is Approved: What I Think...How I Feel

Of course, I was not present. The information I have about the meeting is second hand but from a reliable witness.

Based on what I've heard, the meeting was, well, bland. Or, very CGGC-ish.

All of the amendments passed easily. There was very little discussion. There might have been some minor boycotting but nearly 200 were in attendance.

Or,...

...the Conference rubber stamped the wishes of the hierarchs...

...in a manner very similar to the way it has been doing for decades.

Understand, though, that these decades of rubber stamping are the same decades in which the CGGC and ERC have been experiencing...

1. Numerical decline, and
2. Spiritual decay.

Hovering up here 8 miles in altitude, here's what I see:

The ERC chose to stay on course, the course that has born fruit in decline and decay.

Based on what I wrote yesterday, these are the choices my brothers and sisters made at the Conference gathering:

CHURCH, not Kingdom,
MIDDLE AGES, not New Testament,
LEADERSHIP, not servanthood,
PARISH PRIESTS, not APEST,
HIERARCHY, not Holy Spirit,
CGGC CHURCH TRADITION, not the Word, and,
HUMAN PLANNING, not repentance.

If I understand the report I've received correctly, no one asked for, and the hierarchs still haven't provided, the biblical foundation for the plan.

----------------

I've been probing my soul and heart, asking myself how I feel about the way the gathering worked out.

As of the moment, I don't feel much.

I had no expectation, though I suppose I had a vague hope that, from a remnant, the Eldership would have chosen Kingdom, New Testament, servanthood, APEST, the Holy Spirit, the Word and repentance.

But, the Eldership hasn't been making those choices since the earliest days of the Church of God, when we were a movement.

----------------

Did no one really ask for the biblical foundation of this plan?!?!?!!!!!

If that's the case, and the plan was approved without reference to truth beyond the wisdom of the hierarchs, what's the truth about the ERC?

Did the hierarchs really not proactively offer the biblical foundation of this plan!?!?!.?!!!!!

Apparently not.

----------------

Reading the Sermon on the Mount, reading Ephesians 2:8-10, reading James, reading all of the New Testament...reading the whole BIBLE...faith is revealed in what people do.

What you do is what you believe.

What the Conference DID yesterday, at least based on what I've heard, seems to be par for the course that it has been on during the whole era of its decline and decay.

----------------

So, the plan was approved. The hierarchs won. Recent CGGC church tradition prevailed. The ERC is staying the course, walking on the same path...affirming its faith in the, soon to be expanded, institutional hierarchy.

From 8 miles up here?...not good.

But, nothing new.

Same old, same old.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment