Monday, January 15, 2018

Rewatching LEWIS Series 8 After Dad's Death

I'm batching it this week. Evie's on vacation with our niece Joyce.

I'll be spending spare time binge watching A & E's, NERO WOLFE mysteries.

Before she left, we were watching our discs of the last episodes the BBC show, LEWIS, one of our faves.

In the last episodes, Lewis' colleague, James Hathaway and his sister were watching their father deteriorate as he progressed through the latter stages of dementia.

Previously, I've mentioned being impressed by the sensitivity of the writing of those episodes.

Now that dad's gone, I wanted to watch them again.

So, as Evie was packing, we did.

Someone involved in the writing must have experience with a parent or other close relative or friend, or a spouse and dementia.

As before, I was deeply touched, though this time, the shows helped me, not in dealing with dementia, but mourning the loss of my dad.

It showed me that we have much to be thankful for in how dad's journey went and how the family handled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment