Friday, January 12, 2018

Broken Relationships and the new New Strategic Plan

In 2015, I opposed the proposed strategic plan...alone.

But, more than that, I was certain that it would come to nothing.

...which it did...after it was approved...unanimously.

We all know that I was correct about the 2015 old new Strategic Plan.

-----------------

Part of the reason I was correct about the old plan has to do with my gifting as a prophet...

... that is, with my hyper-focus on Bible truth...

...but, part of it, I believe, has nothing at all to do with the gift of prophecy at all.

Part of it had to do with my common sense realization that, very simply, relationships in the ERC, in 2015, were broken.

Cynicism ran rampant through the ERC. And, apathy continued to be a serious problem.

Because of that, the 2015 Strategic Plan was unanimously approved and, immediately, became only words on a page.

And, my guess is that relationships are more broken, and dysfunctional, in 2018 than they were in 2015.

----------------

No one, besides me, as far as I know, has even mentioned...

...and, let me put it this way:

There is little of the love of Jesus in the ERC.

Jesus gave to His disciples...to us, too...what He called, "a New Commandment," that is, "Love one another."

When He said that, He had just washed the disciples' feet and, referring to that act of humiliation, Jesus said, "As I have loved you so must you love one another."

----------------

Please don't lose the significance of this next, crucial truth:

Shepherd dominated church institutions don't do the love of Jesus well.

Shepherd dominated church institutions practice mild and bland tolerance in place of love.

The love Jesus practiced, then turned into the New Command in John 13, is radical.

It attacks human norms of behavior. It challenges what is, humanly speaking, reasonable and logical.

The love Jesus commands in the New Commandment turns leaders into slaves.

It demands that the people of the Body of Christ struggle to out-serve their slave leaders.

In shepherd dominated church institutions, leaders seek to be followed, they don't want to become, as Jesus said it, "the slave of all."

Our shepherd leaders have been defying the New Commandment for decades.

And, their leadership has never, really, been followed by the ERC body.

What they have led is numerical decline and spiritual decay.

----------------

The Lord has not revealed to me what will be the result of the votes at the Conference gathering tomorrow in terms of whether or not the plan will be approved through the ARTICLE VII amendment.

What I do know, though, is this:

Until the people of the ERC change their ways and begin to obey the New Commandment...

...begin to love each other as Jesus loved,...

...nothing important will change.

Our problems are spiritual, not strategic.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment