Sunday, January 28, 2018

Going back to Work while I'm Still Sick

The last day I showed up for work was Wednesday...one and a half weeks ago.

I originally hoped that I'd be able to return the following Monday but I felt more sick then than when I called off sick on that first day.

My doctor told me, last Monday, that he thought I should be off for the whole week. Indeed, I really felt bad.

And, I still feel bad...probably not as bad as I felt a week ago, but really, really lousy. Having said that, I'm not concerned that I'm contagious.

Friday was the day that we went to the rescue and met and decided to foster our new dog, Charlie. That involved a 10 mile round trip drive and sitting down and meeting Charlie and one other dog for about an hour.

The next morning, I was absolutely exhausted.

I walked Charlie three times yesterday, for a total of about 45 minutes of watching him sniff and poop and pee. And, by 7:00 last evening, I could barely move.

Tomorrow, I'll be scheduled to work ten hours.

The work's not really demanding but it's a lot more demanding than standing at the other end of a leash, watching a dog do what dogs do.

But, we need the money. I don't really have a choice.

So, until I get all of the way back on my feet, this will be a struggle.

Being a geezer ain't always a lot of fun.

Still, I have a ton to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment