Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Well, It's Back to the Mission Field

Back on the job, that is.


I met with the surgeon yesterday and he says that the break is healed. The wrist still hurts like crazy when I move it but he says that is normal and unavoidable.


He gave me paperwork to give to my employer indicating one minor restriction on what I can do on the job. I dropped it off with the HR guy at the store, and we chatted briefly. Then I walked over to the front end area and helloed my co-workers and told them I may be back on the job as soon as the next day, if the boss puts me on the schedule. I believe that the face of each one lit up. And, my immediate supervisor assured me that she wanted me back as soon as possible.


Later, the head of the department called and told me I was on the schedule for full-time hours for one day and that we'd talk about future days. Their concern is that I might need to work my way back to a full schedule.


It's nice to know that she has that concern.


I went to WalMart and bought a brace for the wrist. I'll give it my best.


I have not forgotten that my real purpose in being there is to serve as an ambassador for the Kingdom of God.


No doubt, I will be sore and exhausted tonight.


Pray for me today, if you think of me.

1 comment:

  1. I made it through day one.

    All I did yesterday was to run a cash register. And, it amazed me how much I forgot in seven weeks. The job is not difficult, per se, but doing it efficiently requires remembering many, many things. I asked a coworker a while back how long she cashiered before she felt confident and she said she still doesn't.

    Anyway, yesterday was more mentally exhausting than physically exhausting. I have a weird schedule for the rest of the week. I start today at four today.


    It's hard to be an effective ambassador when you're struggling to be competent in what you are doing but I feel as if I achieved my true task fairly well.

    ReplyDelete