Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Are You a Leader if No One's Following?

In the CGGC we have been hearing more and more in recent years about leadership, about developing leaders and about our mountaintoppers, not the Lord Himself, being our leaders.


This is classic CGGC Faddism. We are into leadership because the world has been into it. This is Francis Schaeffer saying that if you tell me what the world is saying today I will tell you what the church will be saying in seven years.


Here is a 40,000 foot question about the CGGC: Our mountaintoppers are doing a lot of leading but is anyone following them?


From where I'm sitting, watching what comes down to me from the peaks in Findlay and Harrisburg and seeing the difference it's (not)making, I'm not seeing a lot of following taking place among our people.


Certainly, there are new plans and programs being announced and organized from the peaks. But, down here in my valley, people seem to be unmoved.


So, if a leader is someone who is followed, is there any leadership taking place in the CGGC?

No comments:

Post a Comment