Monday, March 14, 2016

Gathering 3-13-16

We did get together but, for me, at least, the gathering didn't score high on achieving the New Testament purpose for gathering. Our number was down which doesn't concern me in itself. Jesus promises if two come together in His Name, He is there.


The tone involved Evie and me provoking others to love and good works but, because the others who gathered were the people from the home, there was no mutual provoking.


The Sunday gathering has always had a, well, remedial flavor to it. It always significantly involved showing mercy to the least of these in the group and in I have always embraced that, and I still do.


However, for the totality of my walk to flourish, I needed the input I received from the Thursday night group. Because of the stresses of Evie's new job and the demands of caring for my parents, we have had to withdraw from the Thursday gathering, and may not reconnect to it for a long time.


That, combined with the fact that, in the CGGC, everyone has either abandoned us or is counting down the days until they can defrock me, I feel as if I am never ministered to.


Still, the prophets had it worse, as did Paul...as did Jesus.


And, He does work in all things for the good of those who love Him and there is nothing in all that creation that can separate us from His love in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment