Wednesday, March 23, 2016

FRRRRRREEEEESHHHHH EXPRESSION: 3-24-16

Not that you'd notice, but the date, tomorrow's, is not a typo.


I use the blog to journal meetings in our small community of gatherings. I do it so I have something to look back on to tell me what happened and how I was feeling about it at the time. I do it also so I have a disciplined way of thinking through the journey of the community.


But, today's blog is not a journal of a recent gathering. It is a celebration that one will take place tomorrow. Our Thursday group is planning to meet for the first time in months!. And I am jazzed!


The Thursday group is the one in our community of gatherings in which mutual spurring on to love and good works takes place at something close to a New Testament level and, oh, how I have missed that. How I've suffered from not having it!


We don't believe that gathering is an act of righteousness and we do believe that, at most, disciples are instructed not to give up meeting together and so not meeting can be too easy.


I can't express how much I look forward to the gathering tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment