Saturday, March 5, 2016

Visiting the Store

I have a full time job at Weaver Markets in Adamstown, PA. As I have written many times, I see my job there as a mission and I see the job site itself as a mission field.


Yesterday, it was three weeks and a day since I broke my wrist and Evie and I went there to do our weekly shopping, at a slow time in the day, as far as business in the store is concerned.


There are nearly 300 people employees in the store, most are part time. I'd guess that, about 30 were working when we were there. And, I was touched and amazed to see how many of them stopped what they were doing to greet me and ask me about my recovery.


It was very nice to get out of the house, something I don't really do unless it is to walk the dog. And, it was nice to be appreciated. And, missed.


I try to do the job the way Jesus would do it and, I fail at that far too often. But, I think He makes a bigger impression than I realized.


It was good to be back and to see so many of the people I've been sharing my life with these past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment