Friday, March 11, 2016

They Mowed the Fairways on the Golf Course Today

As many know, we live in a condo on a golf course in central Pennsylvania.


The world's greatest church greeter and I walk on the course 350+ mornings of the year...with the permission of the people who operate the course.


I noticed that they allowed the fairways to grow out longer this off season than usual, so much so that, if I hadn't known every inch of the course, I wouldn't have known where they were.


Well, today they mowed the grass shorter on the fairways, or at least began to, so that they are now easy to see.


In this area, the weekend of Palm Sunday is the beginning of the golfing season, when the cost goes up. But, during the past few days, the high temperatures have been in the high 70s, even low 80s, and the course has been middle of the summer busy.


BTW, I don't play golf but I do pick up lost golf balls. Over the years, I've collected thousands. If you'd like some, free of charge, just let me know. Shipping and handling not included.

No comments:

Post a Comment