Monday, March 7, 2016

My Incision and My Fingers

I'm healing from the broken wrist and from the surgery.


I have noticed in the last few days that dexterity in my fingers is returning. The wrist bone's connected to the hand bone and the hand bone's connected to the finger bones...and so, after I smashed up the wrist, the movement of my fingers was seriously compromised. Just lately, I am returning toward normal in what my fingers are able to do. I'm glad. I wasn't certain that would ever happen.


The part of the bone that broke off is on the inside of the wrist so the thumb is still weak and using it is still painful and it is very stiff but it's also progressing. I'm beginning to think that I may be able to resume work after my next appointment with the surgeon in three weeks. Having said that though, when I showered and shaved today, the wrist wasn't really up to those tasks.


The incision finally, is healing as well. Yesterday, for an hour or more, the itching around it was almost unbearable. I'm guessing from that the nerves are recovering from the trauma of the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment