Thursday, March 24, 2016

Re-"Reading" What May Well Be My Favorite Novel

Dick Francis', DECIDER.


This one is far from his most highly acclaimed but it has wonderful characters, as the Francis novels often do, and a nice, light, entertaining plot.


And, of interest to the amateur theologian and wannabe philosopher, it argues against the existence of human free will.


It's likely that, by decree of the insurance company, I'll return to work next week, at least on a part-time basis and I had a copy of the book around. So, I decided, no pun intended, to take advantage of the opportunity and go through the book again.


I'm loving it. As I knew I would.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished the reread. I loved the book as much as ever.
    And, in the book, not one character possesses free will.

    ReplyDelete