Friday, April 15, 2016

The ERC Conference Sessions: Defrocking Me

In one way or another, the ERC leadership's effort to recall my ministerial credentials will be addressed at this year's Conference sessions. The last thing I heard from Dr Richardson suggested to me that he will consider the approval of the Ad Council minutes to amount to the Conference's act of recalling my ordination.


Here are several musings from me:


1. In my opinion, defrocking me through the approval of minutes is underhanded.


2. After exchanging several emails and having a face to face with Dr Richardson, I'm still not certain of the grounds for the removal of my credentials. As far as I know, there are none.


3. There is no doctrinal issue. I fully support all of the teachings of the church.


4. There is no issue, as far as I know, of practice. I live out, as faithfully as I can, the CGGC Mission and Vision statements.


5. My only "sin," as far as I know is exercising my duty as an elder, to interact with other elders and to express my opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment