Wednesday, April 13, 2016

I Am Willing to Serve as a Lay Delegate at General Conference Sessions

The ERC holds its annual Yay God sessions next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I haven't heard any official word from anyone on how the mountaintoppers are going to handle my defrocking.


The last I heard, months ago, is that the plan was to consider me defrocked when the Administrative Council minutes are approved.


So, if you are a voter at the ERC Yay God meeting next week and you mindlessly grunt for the approval of those minutes, understand that you probably are voting to remove my credentials.


In any event, the mountaintoppers are determined to do at least enough to get the Conference to call for my credentials.


That being the case, I will still be a member of the ERC laity. I am a member of an ERC Congregation and have held membership in the Conference for more than 40 years. I am keenly aware of issues within the Conference and am as informed regarding the teachings and practices of the CGGC as anyone. And, I am as committed to advancing the ministry of our body as possible.


Therefore, I believe that I would be the ideal Lay Delegate to General Conference sessions. So I am making it known that...


IF NOMINATED TO BE A LAY DELEGATE TO GENERAL CONFERENCE IN 2016 I WILL RUN AND IF ELECTED I WILL SERVE.


----------------


Now, for this to happen, at least one person will have to nominate me from the floor of Conference when lay delegate nominations are entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment