Thursday, April 16, 2015

YAY GOD! or Woe is Me in 2015 for the ERC?

We ERCers are only a few days from the SIMPLY JESUS extravaganza AKA the ERC 2015 Conference sessions.

A question in my mind is:  Will the gathering be the extravaganza it has been every year for the last twenty or so, and will it, therefore, be a continual recounting of the ongoing brilliance of staff members and a nearly endless listing of their Pentecost-like successes over the previous year OR will it be, well, a transparent accounting, by those king/queen pins who take the stage of some successes and even more failures?

I received an extremely trustworthy set of notes on Dr. Richardson's keynote address from last year's, otherwise, YAY GOD retreat and found some reason for hope.  Kevin hinted that all may not be perfect in the ERC and that the future for the Conference may not be entirely bright.  Good for him!  (YAY KEVIN!)  At least that honest talk was talked, even if I, in my wilderness setting, have not seen evidence of its walk as of this time.

Sadly, due to my commitment to my full-time job, I will, again, be absent from the gathering.  I am asking (perhaps off the blog would be best) for impressions that come to your mind and feelings that you feel during the sessions.

Will the tone be, YAY GOD!

Or, will there be an appropriate sense of "Woe is me?"

Repentance never comes until we experience what Paul calls "godly grief."

No comments:

Post a Comment