Sunday, April 26, 2015

Gathering 4-26-15

I am deep down tired. Not today tired. Long-term tired. My job can be about as physically demanding as I can handle and I often have to work late on Saturday doing the most demanding work I do. Today I was, well, less than enthusiastic about having our house invaded by whomever it is might have shown up.

For all the advantages in meeting in your own home, there are about as many disadvantages.

Apart from being tired, the day started poorly when the person who volunteered to provide the biggest part of the meal texted to say that she would have trouble getting to the gathering. We made some phone calls to fix that issue. I-we-were stressed.

In the old days, when I would have been tasked to be the primary provider of the religious products and services, we would have been off to a really bad start. Fortunately, humanly speaking, very little depends on me in our group.

One of our guys who comes from the home had been watching TV and was deeply chagrined over the earthquake in Nepal. And, so Evelyn led us into a time of thinking about it that I could not have led on the best day of my life.

She reminded us that the whole earth is groaning as if in childbirth and that God is not affected by these tragedies so that in times like this we can still praise Him and give thanks to Him.

We had a sort of comparatively bland time of singing but a chatty time of praise. And, for us even, a rather robust time in prayer.

Word time, I thought, was shallow, however, we'd already had that profound conversation about nature, God and the earthquake.

All in all, a day that it was good that I wasn't the parish priest. Clearly, the body, and the Spirit, carried the day.

We have some vacation time in the near future. Not too soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment