Saturday, July 22, 2017

The WTS Scotland Campus is now Defunct

I didn't receive my issue of Lance's eNews last week and I found that odd.

So, I did some googling and, very quickly, did find the issue. And, now I'm wondering if that eNews issue was produced but not mailed out, particularly now because the eNews appeared on schedule yesterday, exactly as it usually would.

When I found the lost issue, I discovered that Lance had allowed Winebrenner Theological Seminary President Brent Sleasman to send out a note.

In the note, which I couldn't find when I looked for it again earlier today, Brent explained that Winebrenner Theological Seminary would no longer be holding classes on the Scotland Campus in Pennsylvania.

I was impressed with Brent's note because it actually quoted Scripture. And, it also alluded to a biblical event--all in an attempt to give meaning to events that have recently taken place concerning Findlay and Scotland.

However, other than to know that Winebrenner is not holding classes on the Scotland Campus, I didn't understand anything about what has happened.

What I wonder about now is the not-receiving-the-note-in-my-mailbox thing.

----------------

One of my Characteristics of the CGGC Brand is Cynicism.

One of the reasons I think the CGGC is dead meat without serious repentance is the cynicism of most of the people in the body.

Leaders get away with things like writing a We Believe and a Statement of Faith that claims that "the Bible is our only rule of faith and practice" and then, immediately thereafter, writing a Strategic Plan without reference to the Bible, because the rest of the body is so cynical about leadership that it refuses to love the people in leadership enough to hold them accountable for what they do.

Still, there is a part of me that wonders if the Brent eNews was produced, but not sent out to anyone.

Is it cynicism that makes me wonder that?

Or, have I seen enough diddling with truth and honesty in the recent CGGC past to legitimately wonder?

I seriously don't know.

Still, that suspicion lingers on the edge of my mind.

----------------

In any event, if you didn't get that eNews either, there was one. It contained a message from Brent. The Scotland thing still is. But, it's not Winebrenner anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment