Saturday, November 11, 2017

Who/What has Authority in the CGGC?

I was powerfully impacted, when I happened upon the promotional folder for the first ERC Strategic Plan and was punched in the face by its listing...

...BEFORE ANY SPECIFICS OF THE STRATEGIC PLAN APPEARED...

...of the ERC Core Values, the first and most prominent of which was...

THE AUTHORITY OF THE BIBLE AS THE WORD OF GOD .

That was then, this is now.

It struck me in reading the PDF of the ERC new New Strategic Plan, that there is no mention of the ERC Core Values...

...or, for that matter, what the writers of the new New Strategic Plan accept as authority over them...

...and, of course, all of the rest of us.

So, I began to examine their fruit.

There are two fruit I notice. One is big picture. The other is purely personal.


On the big picture level, I see that the entire new New Strategic Plan is focused in the activity...

...and authority of the hierarchs.

The Connextion Groups flow from their wisdom and authority.

All that is done emanates from Commissions guided by ERC staff members.

And, obviously, the PDF offers no biblical authority to guide the Connecxtion groups or the Commissions and their staff members.

From time time, I call CGGC leaders Popish.

Here's popism to shame any Roman Catholic pontiff.

IN THE new NEW STRATEGIC PLAN, IT IS THE HIERARCHS, CERTAINLY NOT THE NEARLY UNMENTIONED WORD OF GOD, WHO ARE NOW THE AUTHORITY IN THE ERC.


On the personal level, I asked numerous people many times the charge leveled against me to justify the attack on my credentials.

No one ever remembered an actual charge...

...even Dr. Richardson, actually...

...but absolutely everyone recalled that I do have this blog noted for...

...criticizing my leaders.

All I've ever heard is that my credentials were attacked because I attacked the mountaintoppers.

My trust in the authority of the Bible was never an issue, nor was my acceptance of the orthodox doctrines of the Christian faith, nor was my loyalty to the teachings and practices of the Church of God...

But, in the attack on my credentials there was another...

...higher?...

...authority?

The CGGC/ERC hierarchs.


There is a boatload of apathy and cynicism and skepticism across the CGGC.

And, I believe one prominent reason for it is that the hierarchs, as far as most of us are concerned,...

THINK MORE HIGHLY OF THEMSELVES...

...AND FAR TO LITTLE OF THE LORD AND HIS WORD...

...THAN THEY OUGHT TO THINK.

We must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment