Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Saying Goodbye to One more Promotion on my Job

I've mentioned that not so long ago, I experienced very serious vertigo and was admitted to the hospital for observation.

I didn't have a stroke.

I wore a heart monitor for more than 24 hours. No problem there.

And, no diagnosis.

There is a suggestion from a personal friend who is an ENT doctor that I have Meniere's disease, but I'm doubtful about that.

My primary care physician is treating me as if the vertigo was a type of migraine headache brought on by exhaustion from the job and anxiety related to my father's failing health.

I've also said that, in response to my health problems, I volunteered to step down from my managerial position at the store.

The HR guy didn't want me to leave the management team and asked me what I'd like him to do for me. I told him. He discussed the idea with the rest of the managerial team in my department and they agreed...And, have been more than generous in accommodating my wishes.

However, because of that, in my opinion, I don't really carry my weight on the management team in the way I'd like to...

...and, I believe, I should.

There is one more possible promotion coming up within a year or so, which I suspect I was a lock for...until I asked for special consideration because of my health.

Now, I'm guessing that that won't work out.

I have no regrets.

As it is now, I'm able to live Kingdom values incarnationally, as one of the rest of the crew on the job, even though I am a manager.

I'm doing what I do for the Kingdom as best I can, though, certainly, not perfectly.

I'll plug away at that.

And, give thanks to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment