Saturday, November 25, 2017

Scapegoating/Accepting Responsibility...Kevin Richardson

I see a disturbing pattern that may be manifesting itself in the ERC: Scapegoating.

Among the people who are in conversation with me and less than enthusiastic about the attack on my credentials, there is no convincing explanation of why the Shepherd Mafia did it.

Certainly, through this blog I expressed my opinion that the Lord of all authority and power and grace and mercy and blessing was not blessing the ERC and that that same Lord would not bless the current program or strategy...whatever it was in the moment.

But, honestly, as correct as I have been, my rantings here were not making any difference.

The Conference has always given the hierarchs everything they wanted and, until earlier this month, the Ad Council has always rubber stamped and given the hierarchs a blank check.

So, what was the attack on my credentials about? Why did the Shepherd Mafia go to all that trouble?

One theory is that, as the leadership culture was failing and the decay and putrefication of the Conference continued, the hierarchs were distracting the Conference, if even for a brief moment, from the reality of its failure by making a scapegoat of me.

Certainly, if the unsubstantiated gossip is true, a nice chunk of ERC Conference sessions in 2016 and a lot of the chatter had to do with me and not with the continuing failings of ERC leadership.

Actually, I wouldn't be thinking about scapegoating in connection to my story...

...except I'm beginning to think that scapegoating is what's happening right now with Kevin Richardson...and, that it's part of a pattern.

I've been contemplating writing a post on why Kevin can't be held responsible for the current state of the Conference...

...and I'll probably write it up in time...

...but, for now, I'm beginning to suspect that Kevin is going to be the current fall guy for the decades long failings of Conference leadership and that, if the hierarchs have their way...

...everything else will go on pretty much as usual and that the 2017 new New Strategic Plan will, in the end, be adopted...if they have their way.

----------------

Gang,

There's lots wrong in the ERC.

The stench of decay was present long before Kevin was elected as Executive Director.

It would be ridiculous to suggest that the other ERC Directors on staff have done good jobs and that Kevin alone has failed...and deserves to be fired.

And, please remember: The Shepherd Mafia was in place long before the current regime ascended the ERC mountain.

There's much more wrong with the Conference than Kevin can be held responsible for in the mountaintoppers' wildest dreams.

Don't scapegoat Kevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment