Thursday, November 17, 2016

A Report to My Commission

The most outrageous item for me to report is that the Conference still neither confirms nor denies the flurry of rumors, that surfaced during the spring, that my ordination was recalled.

And, more to the point, if the rumors are based in fact, Dr. Richardson and his staff are insubordinent to the authority of the Conference by not following its directive to recall my ordination.

If the rumors are based in fact, the inaction of Conference staff is suggestive of one important dysfunction that goes far in explaining why this Conference of the CGGC is in, especially spiritual, decline.

Jesus teaches that those who would be great in the Kingdom would be slaves of all.  That attitude of hyper-servanthood is entirely missing from ERC mountaintoppers. They view themselves as leaders, not slaves.

I'll ask what I frequently ask.  Is it any wonder that the Lord of all power, mercy and grace is not blessing us!

A second item: I've heard nothing from the ERC Commission on Church Renewal about the possibility that they may recommend the depantsing of Faith Community.

For all I know, they've already recommended it and, for all I know, Faith has already been depantsed.  That would be true to form.  The Ad Council already defrocked me before I even knew that the status of my credentials was under review.

I'll repeat the question about the Lord's blessing.

One final note, I have become aware that some heavy-duty lies about me were spoken on the floor of Conference last spring and the person who spoke them has, perhaps inadvertently, acknowledged speaking them.  I'm doing my best to follow the teachings of Jesus in approaching a person who sins against you. So far, it's not going well but I am resolved.

To be fair to the person who spoke untruthfully about me, that person believes that his misrepresentation of me was justified under circumstances he recalls being in place. As I say, I am resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment