Friday, August 5, 2016

You, the Readers of This Blog, Are MY Commission

When a member of the ERC Commission on Church Renewal emailed me to explain that the Commission was initiating a process that had, as one of its intended possible ultimate outcomes,  the depantsing of Faith Community, I asked if we could have an off the record, confidential exchange.  My idea was that, if I knew what I was writing would not become fodder for the machinations of the same people who engaged in a secret scheme to defrock
me, I could feel free to speak transparently and, in that way, achieve an end that might advance the Kingdom, not harm it.

That Commission member flatly refused, demanding that our exchange be open to the examination of the Commission.

I was stunned and perplexed but, in the end, I realized that this is par for the CGGC course.

Kingdom growth, in the ERC, can not be permitted to interfere with the function of the machine.

So, he will feel free to report everything said and done to the Commission and, as I feel the need, I will report all of those things to you.

I  do this for a number of reasons.   First among them is that some who read this write to comfort, encourage and advise me and, reporting to those people opens those possibilities to me.  Another reason is to bring the schemings of the Commission into the light of day.   Every aspect of my defrocking was done in secret unless the Conference was forced to operate in the open.

So, you, in the international community of the readers of this blog, are now my Commission.   I know that they will not like this,  but what are they going to do?   Defrocked me a second time?

More, in some cases, of what I think is audacious,  to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment