Wednesday, August 10, 2016

A Certified Letter: A Report to My Commission

One hundred and one days after, according to several people, the ERC in session voted to recall my ordination, I found a slip of paper among the pieces of my mail informing me that a Certified Letter was awaiting me at my local post office and that it had been sent from ERC located in Harrisburg.

I have not picked it up and don't plan to.  I believe that it is scheduled to be returned on the 14th of this month.

Based on what I know to be true and on what I have heard from others, I consider the behavior of the ERC staff and Commissions and Committees in regard to me to have been underhanded, secretive, cowardly and unbiblical and, as far as I am concerned, when they want to communicate with me the content of what is in that letter, they are going to have to consult the teachings of Jesus and approach me in a way that is obedient to the Way.

The Doctrinal Statement of the CGGC says that the Bible is our only rule of Faith and Practice.  Nothing that I know of in the Word justices the practice of communicating with a brother by means of a Certified Letter.  I  accepted one such letter at the beginning of this ungodly process, not knowing what the bureaucrats were doing.  My error.  I shall not enable their dysfunction and disobedience again.

-----------------------

BTW, the sending of the Certified Letter is a real-life example of Organized Hypocrisy.   The people who wrote and voted to approve the only rule of Faith and Practice language in our Doctrinal Statement ONLY THREE YEARS AGO sent that letter.

No comments:

Post a Comment