Sunday, August 21, 2016

Sabbathing: 8-21-16

Today is a day we don't meet with our Sunday group.  I've said before that, as much as I am blessed by our gatherings, none of them can compare with the weeks we don't gather.

And, I'm beginning to wonder if that's not God's way anyway.  We know that the omnipotent Lord rested on the seventh day. Certainly,  He didn't need the rest.  And, we know that He commanded Israel to make rest on the seventh day the sign that it is keeping His covenant with it.

I find that I groove on a day committed to rest and that I thrive when I do it.

Last night, I worked the closing shift at the store.   On Saturday,  closing, in my department, ends with a grueling hour after the store actually closes and I woke up today hurting a little.  

The rest is good physically, emotionally and spiritually.   It is a genuine blessing.

Forget the Sunday morning show.  I'll take this over that any day it's available to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment