Friday, August 26, 2016

Could I get into this much Trouble for Being Wrong?

Unsubstantiated rumors persist that the ERC defrocked me in session this past April and there is a question that has been going through mind since I got the first rumblings that I was being whacked on the orders of the ERC's Shepherd Mafia.  And, this is that question:

Could I have gotten into this much trouble for being wrong?

Reports I've received from people who attended Conference say that when the desire of the mountaintoppers to defrock me was brought to the floor that it was clear that many of the delegates didn't even know who I am and far fewer had read or even heard of this blog.

So, why go to all the trouble to whack me?

What does the whacking say about the mountaintoppers?

And, what does it say about me?

I don't really know the answer to those questions but I will note that the predictions that I have made here about the continuing decline of our ministry have been accurate and that I have repeatedly said that, if the mountaintoppers are going to lead a change in our fortunes, they are going to have to repent and lead the body in repentance.  They remain hard-hearted to both of those calls.

Many other people criticize Conference leaders, some even mock them, though, admittedly, not as straightforwardly as I do and those people often do it in a gossippy way, behind their backs.

I don't know, but I genuinely do wonder if the ERC mountaintoppers have whacked me for no other reason than that I have been hitting the nail on the head as far as they are concerned:  That I, very simply, am in trouble because I have been right about them.

All of us must repent.

No comments:

Post a Comment