Sunday, August 7, 2016

8-7-16: No Gathering, The Best Kind of Sunday

Jesus never talked about, designed or participated in anything like what you might call a worship service.  In fact, when He talked about the church, He never talked about people getting together for singing or praying or listening to preaching or taking an offering.

In our community, we haven't had a worship service for years.  And, we gave up gathering every week a long time ago.

Today is a no gathering Sunday.  As much as I love our gatherings, I love the days we don't gather even more.  No doubt this is because both Evie and I are introverts.   We love being alone together in the Lord as much as anything.

This morning was wonderful!  I spent time enjoying the beauty of God's creation by taking Lizzy for two walks on the golf course.   I wrote a report for my Commission and put it on the blog, did a few chores around the house and listened to KEEP THE FAITH on the local WORD FM station.

I can all but guarantee you that, no matter professionally it was performed, your Sunday morning show didn't refresh you as much as my Sunday morning has refreshed me.

The Sabbath was made for man.  My only regret is that it took me so long to submit to that teaching of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment