Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Having our, uh, Core Values Lived Out on our Behalf

I've mentioned several times that, in our community, there are core principles that we actually live out--as opposed to the larger church body's tendency to give voice to radical values it doesn't put into practice.


Among what we value is literal obedience to the commands of Jesus. The commands of Jesus that we emphasize most often are what we speak of as "the three love commands: Love the Lord, love your neighbor as yourself and love each other as Jesus loved you."


We are truly a "fresh expression" in that we are living in the moment, in the Spirit, often not knowing where we are or where our next step, or act of obedience, will take us.


Since I mangled my wrist, we have received acts of love, from within the community, that surprise and astound me.


This is, as I see it, what Jesus spoke of when He declared that if you abide in me you will produce much fruit.


----------


FYI: I'm not enjoying typing with my right thumb.

No comments:

Post a Comment