Monday, February 29, 2016

Falling Out of Shape

At this point, I am two and a half weeks into recuperating from the injury to my wrist. The first few of those days I was healing enough to have surgery and then having surgery and then under the influence of strong pain killers. The next few days my activity was restricted by the fact that I had to keep my hand elevated.


And, I can't believe how quickly I have fallen out of shape.


In the past, I noted that my job is so demanding and I was so fatigued from it that it was difficult for me to keep my commitments to our community of gatherings. For a geezer, I was in fairly good condition.


It stuns me to note how far I have fallen so quickly.


I'm already struggling to get back in shape but it's no cake walk.


Getting old really, really stinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment