Sunday, December 16, 2018

Performing a Wedding as an Ambassador of the Kingdom of God...and as a CGGC Pastor

As you know, if you're a regular reader here, I'm employed in a setting that brings me into close contact with a lot of people who are high school and college age.

And, I see myself as an ambassador of the Kingdom of God.

By intention, I'm known for my life of faith such as it is, for better or worse.

And, it was known, when I began this ministry, that I had been a pastor prior to taking this position.

Over the years, there've been lighthearted conversations about me performing the marriage ceremony for some of the young'nes.

Recently, one of the guys has been asking more seriously and, at first, I tried to deflect him...

...and, then, it occurred to me that I have an ordination certificate from the Eastern Regional Conference of the Churches of God, General Conference. While I agreed to surrender it if the Conference requested it, rumors and gossip notwithstanding, I've received no such request.

So, why not?!?!?!!!!

Frankly, the part of being a parish priest that I enjoy least is performing marriage ceremonies...but, for someone whom I've known for years and have come to think of as a friend?

Maybe I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment