Tuesday, October 24, 2017

The 13 Churches the ERC Lost in the Last Decade

I'm still reading and re-reading the PDF from the ERC Town Hall meetings.

There's no way I'll be able to blog all my impressions.

Here's something that may seem inconsequential but it hits home with me.

According to the PDF, the ERC lost 13 churches in the last ten years. According to the PDF, eight ERC churches closed in the last ten years and five left the denomination...

...and, I'm wondering where Faith fits in.

If you know, or have an educated guess, let me know...on or off the blog.

It would not be accurate to count Faith among the churches who closed.

But, it would be a gross misrepresentation to say that Faith left the denomination. Until the moment Dave Williams carried the recommendation of the Commission on Church Renewal, to the Ad Council, that Faith be expelled from the Conference, Faith's identity, in faith and action, was defined by the CGGC's Mission and Vision Statements.

We most certainly didn't leave the denomination. We love what the CGGC says it stands for...

...and were doing it even as the hierarchs were scheming our expulsion.

Anyway,..

I wonder about the five ERC congregations who left the denomination in the past ten years.

I think the phrase ecclesiastical thuggery accurately describes the hierarchs' method in challenging my credentials and expelling Faith from the Conference.

I wonder now if I/we were the only victims of the thuggery of the people on the top of the ERC mountain.

Under what circumstances did those five ERC congregations leave the denomination?

Do you know?

----------------

And,...

.... there is the fact that Kevin and Dave and Chuck and all the Good Old Boys were running Conference sessions as YAY GOD meetings for the last ten years when, by their own words now, on average more than one ERC church was biting the dust every year.

If any one of these hierarchs is still around in the future, and, if things do go well, who among the apathetic, cynical and even skeptical, will really believe it?

It seems to me that their word will always be subject to being distrusted.

No comments:

Post a Comment