Thursday, April 6, 2017

"An Unwilling (Hard) Heart" as a Reason for the Failure of 35,000 X 2000

There are times when people with the gift of prophecy speak that I turn green with envy.

Such is the case with Phil Wilson's relatively brief note to me in response to my post studying 35,000 X 2000 as a case study in repentance that the Lord did not bless.

(As far as Phil is concerned, I'd say that he demonstrates the passion for truth and integrity that is fruit of the gift of prophecy but that his gift mix differs from mine. Hence, his way of functioning as a prophet varies from mine.)

In his response to my blog post, Phil made the point that it is CGGC people who are at fault for the decline of the CGGC and that it is not God's fault.

At one point, he says, in reference to the lack of God's blessing on the CGGC, that God will not bless "unwilling (hard) hearts."

Let me be clear, I know Phil well enough to say for certain that he doesn't make that observation about the CGGC with a personal dislike or hatred of CGGC mountaintoppers. He makes it with a love for the Lord that makes his love for other people pale in comparison...

...as Jesus says must be the case in one who truly is a disciple.

I've said many times, of myself, that I not only love the people on the CGGC mountaintop, I also like them many of them. And, I'm certain that the same is true for Phil.

I believe that what Phil says fits.

What I see when I note what CGGC mountaintoppers actually do is fruit of profound love and concern for the CGGC institution, not love for the Lord with all of heart and soul and strength.

That's idolatry.

It's hardness of heart.

It's unwillingness to love the Lord more than church.

It's my Brand of the CGGC, Ecclesiolatry.

It is sin. Death.

Evidence of that is that the Lord of all power and grace and mercy and authority and love and blessing is not blessing the CGGC.

What I understand Phil to be saying, more than I say it, is that the CGGC needs a change of heart, starting on the peaks of the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment