Friday, April 28, 2017

I'm Being Encouraged to Sue the Conference

Blog Readers,

Below is the concluding passage of a very detailed email that I received some time ago from a member of the ERC Eldership who knows more than I know about the events which resulted in the deliberations of the ERC on the status of my credentials.

As you can see, my friend, who loves the Conference and has served it for years, is not only encouraging me to take the issue to court but is also willing to assist me in locating an attorney who will handle my case.

Before you consider a knee-jerk reaction, understand that my friend is a person of the Word who is also well-acquainted with what took place.

Last April, after the issue was addressed at Conference, several ERC pastors wrote to me, two of them wrote on this blog assuring me that reconciliation is still possible between the Conference and me.  At the time, I expressed an interest.

I'm still open to that possibility.

I understand that I still have time to decide whether or not to take my friend's advice before I act on the legalities at hand.

At this point, I will accept any assistance in making reconciliation a reality.

However, based on what I'm hearing, attempts to initiate reconciliation, to this point, have been rebuffed by Conference authorities.

(Please excuse any problems with the formatting of the excerpt of the letter.)

bill

---------------

My thoughts: Put all your e-mails from the conference together with yours
and get a lawyer to file (a)...suit for lost wages, etc., etc., etc., etc.

I do know a lawyer...who gave...very good advice to.... I could ask her who she knows that would be the right lawyer for the job
of suing the Conference.

I know, for all the years we both have worked for the conference that we
have loved, at least in the past, that is not what you want to do, but I feel you have every right to do it.

Please stay in touch!!!!!!

My best to Evelyn and the people of Faith Community, you all are in my prayers.

Let me know if you want me to talk with the lawyer we know??

No comments:

Post a Comment