Sunday, March 19, 2017

Back from Vacation

We are back in Pennsylvania after spending a week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

We went with a niece who is about our age and her husband.

For many years, we have used vacation to rest. Our thought on this one is that Myrtle Beach would be comfortable and it's easy to get to in a day.

In reality, it was colder than most of the winter was here. On the other hand, here it snowed about a foot last Tuesday and we dodged that bullet.

We got someone who once lived on our second floor to dog and house sit and that worked well.

We had to drive home through the D.C. area in mid day and that was hairy.

One other aspect of the trip is that both couples are seriously considering retiring in the Myrtle Beach area. Generally, the weather is nice and the cost of living is surprisingly low and the natives are friendly.

Our friend Matt moved into the area a while back and he connected us with a reliable realtor who showed us a few properties in our price and interest range and we were encouraged. And, on our first full day there, we spent some time with Matt and enjoyed a barbecue place he recommended.

I talked to mom and dad a few times on the phone. They survived. I chatted with my brother during the snow. He was my version of Jim Cantore.

The blog was pretty active, though I did very little with it. I published the ditty on what passes for news in the CGGC. I'd been working on it for about a week and tweaked it and sent it.  It's gotten more hits than anything I blogged for months. I'm not sure why. But, I'm certain that there is something noteworthy there.

Currently, I'm working on a post in which I examine what I'm currently calling repentance gone "sour," in the development of the 35,000 by 2000 campaign.

I believe that what ended up in a campaign to increase attendance in the Sunday morning show began with genuine sorrow.

Again, Paul says that godly sorrow produces a repentance that leads to salvation. And, I'm convinced that the first building block: Sorrow, was present.

In the end, there was no, well, salvation for the body. Only increasingly rapid spiritual decay and numerical decline.

Why?

Was the sorrow not "godly" sorrow?

Was there no actual repentance according to the leading of the Spirit?

These are both ideas I'm exploring.

If anything, despite the rumored defrocking, my love for the CGGC increases. And, I take my conviction that I am called to be a prophet as seriously as ever.

I believe that the prophet's role is to call for true repentance. So, I'm working on providing understanding about it to the body, even if the body may not want to understand.

If God is willing, I'll have more to say about this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment