Wednesday, March 8, 2017

A Report to My Commission: Is This Only About Creating Legal Cover for the ERC Lawyers to Hide Behind?

I've made the point that, in my rumored defrocking, the ERC has behaved as if it is a legal corporation, not as a part of the Body of Christ, in obedience to the teachings and example of Jesus.

To illustrate why I think that, consider the truth that, since ERC Conference sessions last spring, no one from Conference staff has spoken to me or offered to meet with me--BUT I HAVE BEEN SENT A CERTIFIED LETTER FROM THE ERC.

---------------

So, I'm wondering how much, if at all, the Commission on Church Renewal has spiritual concerns in mind in reaching out for contact with the people of Faith.

What I write next, I have tried to write several times before but have not published because what I wrote has always felt too much as it comes from paralyzing emotional pain. In this case, I write it because I also have concern for the congregation at heart:

It is one month short of 7 years since Evie noticed what, a few weeks later, was diagnosed with late Stage 3 breast cancer.

During that time, the congregation was struggling with intense financial pressures, falling behind on its mortgage, trying to support a dearly-loved pastor's wife who, early in her treatment, reasonably thought she was dying and a pastor who was an emotional and spiritual basket case...

...And, there was no communication from the Commission with the people of Faith.

(Later, after the congregation had failed financially, there was one meeting in which there was discussion between the Commission and Faith's Treasurer.)

The truth is that, for all of the drama and trauma connected to Faith and to me over the years, the first attempt at conversation with Faith, initiated by the Commission, was the request last summer, via email, from George Jenson, for the name or names of someone from Faith's leadership--because the Commission was considering cutting Faith loose from the Conference.

---------------

Knowing how the Conference has behaved in my case--in which there were certified letters sent but no attempt at biblical conflict resolution, to use the terminology employed in the most recent CHURCH ADVOCATE...

...I think it's more than reasonable to think that the Commission has determined to remove Faith from the Conference but is concerned about a possible law suit and, under advice from legal counsel, has offered to meet with people from the congregation.

I certainly don't know that to be the case and I'm not making that accusation.

But, I do know that there is a clear and stunningly consistent pattern of behavior as far as the Conference and the Commission are concerned.

It seems to me that it is easy to understand why the Lord of all power and grace and mercy and authority and love and blessing is not blessing the ERC and the CGGC.

No comments:

Post a Comment