Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Attitude Toward Leadership

I've mentioned that not too long ago, I received an unsolicited promotion into a management position at the store.

When I was contacted about the opportunity, the person who spoke to me detailed the reasons I was selected as the person whom the owners and management believed would be the best fit for the job. There were about a half dozen reasons. (One of them was, interestingly, my leadership. More about that, perhaps, later.)

Another reason I believe I was selected, though it wasn't mentioned, because, I believe, it was taken for granted about me, is my absolute support of management. I have always aggressively supported the people in authority above me on my job.

---------------

I've been thinking about my attitude toward leadership in my life in general and, it strikes me that submission to and support of leadership is something that is natural to my personality.

That should be apparent to any thinking person who reads this blog as far as my relationship to CGGC authority.  I am aggressive and passionate about supporting and defending CGGC authority, much moreso than anyone else I know of.

The highest authority in the CGGC is the Bible which we call "the inspired, infallible Word of God."

Therefore, it is my aggressive support of the Bible's authority that still has me aghast at Dr. Richardson and his recent determination to create a Strategic Plan which he admits is foreign to Scripture.   (And, I am told that he thinks that I am the the one who should be defrocked.)

---------------

The highest human authority in the CGGC is not its staff members or its Commissions and Committees but its Eldership who created our ruling documents to which it itself is obligated to submit.

I, more than anyone I know, am mindful of the authority of the CGGC Eldership and of its declarations and I, more than anyone I know, am aggressive in supporting them..

...and putting them into practice.

Sometimes I think that I am the only person in the CGGC who is aggressive in supporting CGGC authority.

No comments:

Post a Comment