Sunday, December 4, 2016

Gathering 12-4-16: Incarnationism

Not everyone in our Gathering is into embracing Xmas as I described in a recent post.

So, when we did the everyone has a hymn part of the gathering, no one suggested FROSTY THE SNOW MAN or even LAST CHRISTMAS I GAVE YOU MY HEART. Everything was straight from the hymnal that we have a few copies of.

As much as I despise celebrating the weakness of the baby Jesus, I must say that I wasn't disappointed by Word time today. The focus was on the Word becoming flesh.

Evie had on a Word on how so many people are beside themselves now that Donald Trump is President-elect. She pointed out that Jesus came to BE peace on earth and, as much as the prospect that Trump may be disturbing, Christ's peace dwarfs even Donald Trump.

Bread and Cup time was powerful, connecting the incarnation and the sacrifice.

I got to say that, according to Romans 12, our true and proper worship has nothing to do with singing and listening to sermons but it is the offering of our bodies as a living sacrifice.

And, I got to say that true worship only take place when we are not here.

All in all, this gathering was an unexpected blessing to me.  I'm glad we met.

No comments:

Post a Comment