Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Wisdom of A CGGC Cynic

Gang,

Recently in an exchange of emails, Ed Rosenberry asked me, "How is it that other godly people do not bring the same or similar message (as you do)?"   And, I wondered what universe it is that Ed lives in.

It seems to me that many in CGGC leadership choose to comfort themselves with the myth that I am a lone wolf whacko and that, apart from my insanity, all is goodness, light, peace and perfect unity within the CGGC.

Many others, however, know that that is not the case.

Below is an edited version of a note I received recently from a member of the CGGC clergy.  I have deleted only the portions of his note which might reveal his identity to the vengeful eyes of the dons of the CGGC Shepherd Mafia.

This guy speaks with passion and prophetic clarity.

You will deduce that this guy is from the ERC.  Please note the recent straw that broke his back.  [Another faithful CGGCer bites the dust.]

I am not alone in understanding the reasons for the generations of CGGC decline.

--------------------------------

Bill,  being more (cynical) than you, I would say you are correct in your thinking. I like Ed a lot  but I’m tired of hearing all about his travels.   I don’t get involved anymore.  ...another issue for me is trying to follow a system that is circular in style and practice, never going anywhere.

In the nineties we had the healthy church plan/program.... Recently Dr. Richardson challenged his team to respond  to what they think a healthy church is?  (This) it is the straw that broke my back.
 
I’m not angry, critical or anything else, I just don’t care anymore what my superiors think.   (My wife and I) are trying to live out what we believe Jesus is like and be honest to His word as (we) understand it.  We use  Platt, Chan, Stanley, and  others for additional study.  We always come back and do a word/book study in the class I help teach.
 
This class is close to being Discipleship makers. We try to be honest and I’m glad to say the class has shown growth.
 
...Ours is a very generous church in every way....I’ve been told many times we are the first couple who are so loving and kind. At the same time I’m no pushover. I’m living out my giftedness and I am having a ball!  
 
Like you, I try and live before an audience of one. That is the most freeing experience I ever had....
 
What you are doing is the right and only way to lead the church today.
 
You have a much larger/stronger platform at Weaver (Markets) than you ever had in the church.  If the only problems you have are in the church you have missed the whole point. 
 
Ed thinks the conference is the means and the end. If he worked part time he would be better equipped to lead all of us. 
 
This is a disjointed note to  a guy I respect a bunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment