Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Curse/Blessing of Insomnia

For me, it's genetic.

I can remember, growing up, every morning, no matter how early I'd get up, I'd find my mom sitting on "her chair" reading her Bible and a devotional book or two. And, she'd been awake for hours.

For years, my brother has been arising at 3:00 on his own because he is finished sleeping by then. His 30 year old daughter is developing the same sleep pattern.

And, I also am cut from that cloth, though I normally stay in bed until about six. I use the awake time mostly to meditate on Scriptures I have memorized or to pray or--I have old Sony Walkman radio with presets on four Christian stations and I check out what's going on them.

The other night I caught DR. JAMES DOBSON'S FAMILY TALK and heard a "classic" interview with, I think, Doug? Murrow who has written the book, WHY MEN DON'T LIKE GOING TO CHURCH.

Awesome stuff.

A reality that can be drawn from his research and conclusions is that the local church based programs and strategies are too prissy to be biblical or from the Spirit and that the CGGC is hitching its wagon to are failing and doomed to fail even more miserably in the coming generation.

We must repent. We must do it soon. And, we need kingdom oriented people, not shepherds and the shepherd-whipped, providing spiritual vision for us and our people.

No comments:

Post a Comment