Thursday, August 24, 2017

The ERC should Hire Me: Reason 3

To be honest, this may, in truth, be more about how poorly Dr. Richardson is suited to provide, uh, leadership during a time in which radical change is called for.

---------------- 

Before I give more detail regarding what I will do during my first 100 days as ERC E. D., I'm going to mention a third reason the ERC should hire me.

Courage of conviction.

If, for just one moment and for only one moment, I accept the unsubstantiated gossip that back on April 19, 2016, the ERC of the CGGC in session voted to recall my credentials...and if I've done the math correctly...

...it has been more than 490 days...

70 X 7 plus...since that action was taken.

If, for just this brief moment, I accept the heretofore, unsubstantiated gossip as fact, don't we have to question the courage of Dr. Richardson?

----------------

If it's all true, the delegates of the ERC in session unanimously instructed Conference leadership to retrieve, from me, my ordination certificate.

The truth of the matter is, though, that 490+ days out from that action, Conference leadership has not been subordinate to the unanimous instruction of the Eldership.

I still possess my ordination certificate...

...and I've heard nothing about it from the Conference leader of leaders, Dr. Richardson regarding my credentials.

In addition, if all of this unsubstantiated stuff is true, 490+ days ago, Dr. Richardson stood in front of Conference delegates and claimed to have confronted me face to face and specifically, to have detailed my sins to me and to have implored me to turn from my wicked ways.

Now,...to confront a hot-headed firebrand such as myself...and to have done it face to face, as Dr. Richardson has reportedly told the Eldership he did, would be an act of considerable courage. It would be the act of a man who can act boldly when the situation requires.

Here's what I know about that, though:

1. I don't recall being confronted by Dr. Richardson as he described, and,

2. I still possess my ordination certificate--because no one has come to me to ask me, face to face, to return it!

--------------

Disagree with me as much as you like, I do have courage in my convictions.

The issue of the status of my credentials simmered for a year from the time I received a letter telling me that the ERC Administrative Council had voted unanimously to recall my credentials until 490+ days ago when, according to unsubstantiated gossip, the Eldership unanimously recalled my ordination.

During that year, I could have been cowed and backed away from my beliefs and begged forgiveness for whatever offense it is ERC leaders thought I had committed.

But, and this blog is the evidence, I continued to live in my prophetic ministry, calling the people of the ERC and the CGGC to repent.

Whatever else is true about me, I remain focused and committed to my convictions, even in the face of stern and powerful opposition.

----------------

Serving a large group of people who are in crisis and who need to change is difficult.

There will be many unavoidable difficult and painful moments when the key person working for change will need to stand for principle, to confront opposition and to remain steadfast, even when the opponents of change are powerful and willing to fight against change.

Dr. Richardson is not the sort of man who will do that.

---------------

If the gossip is accurate, the vote to recall my credentials was raucous. It rattled the rafters. And, there was no voiced dissent.

Still, with all of that unanimous and passionate support, 490+ days out from that day, Dr. Richardson still has not made the phone call and said, to me, "Bill, we need to talk."

How can anyone think that he will face down the inevitable conflict that comes with the sort of radical change the ERC will need to make to reverse its failing fortunes?

On the other hand, read this blog. When the Lord gives me a vision, I will not be dissuaded, no matter who or how powerful or how many oppose that vision.

Difficult days are ahead for the ERC. Of that, there can be no doubt.

If the ERC has any hope at all, it will go through many painful moments in which opposition will have to be addressed and through which unity is created where cynicism and opposition had reigned.

We must change and being the point person for change takes a different sort of servant than the ERC has had since the early days of the Church of God movement.

Dr. Richardson has demonstrated that his strengths do not match the challenges of the days in our immediate future.

The ERC should hire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment