Friday, August 11, 2017

Jesus and the Twelve...uh...Healthy Pastors

My mind boggles when I read what ERC hierarchs are writing these days.

I'm scratching my head when I inspect the fruit of the ERC mountaintoppers' interpretation of the Bible. 

Based on what I'm reading from the eagles who nest on the highest ERC mountaintop, their understanding of the New Testament Gospels is this:

Jesus discipled...

Twelve people...

To be leaders...

Of healthy churches. 

As prominent clergymen of the CGGC who accept the Bible as their only rule of faith and practice, ERC hierarchs have developed a new Strategic Plan which reworks the focus of ERC ministry around the conviction that:

Healthy pastors...

Lead...

Healthy churches. 

Scary.

Does anyone else see any of that in the Word?

When I read the Gospels, I find Jesus calling and equipping people to be apostles, not pastors. 

I see Jesus teaching His apostles that the greatest of them will be the slave of all, not leaders of churches. 

And, I see Jesus announcing the coming of the Kingdom of God, not the creation of congregations. In fact, on one of the two occasions Jesus taught what the church is, He said any time two or three gather in His Name, He is with them.

The first principle of the belief of the CGGC is that the Bible is our only rule of faith and practice. 

From what the ERC hierarchs have already made clear, one of two things are true. Either:

1. They are terrible Bible students, or...

2. They are foisting their opinions on the Conference over the authority of the Bible. 

----------------- 

Any kid with a Junior High Sunday School understanding of the the Bible knows that Jesus trained apostles to go into all the world making disciples. 

Sadly, when the mountaintoppers of the ERC produce fruit, they make the essence of the Gospel Jesus training healthy pastors to lead healthy churches. 

Give me any 14 year old Sunday Schooler as our chief mountaintopper!

At least, we'd get the Bible story right.

We must repent!

No comments:

Post a Comment