Saturday, August 26, 2017

A New Schedule on my Job

Yesterday was my first day back on the job after my stay in the hospital.

The doctor offered to give me an excuse for the rest of the week but I asked for only one day after my release. I wish I'd taken the extra day. Vertigo is much more exhausting than I imagined.

So, I went to the HR guy and said that I am exhausted and I think extreme fatigue caused the vertigo and asked for an easier schedule and said I'd be willing to step back from my managerial position if the store thought I should.

He was hearing nothing about me stepping down as manager. He asked me what I wanted and I told him.

He discussed it with the lead manager of the front end and they gave me, with slight tweaking to make schedules fit, exactly what I wanted.

There are no evaluations on this job and it's hard to know just how your work is appreciated. Other employees say this to me as well.

And, I was concerned that my Bible talk and theology talk as an ambassador of the Kingdom might be a simmering problem. The owners of the store are disciples but not all of my coworkers are.

What I found out is that the HR guy and the lead manager were determined to make me happy and keep me as far into the job as possible.

Both said, "You do a good job, bill."

It was nice feedback.

I said to Evie this morning that I feel like I'm in ministry on this job more than I ever did when I was a pastor.

It's good to know that it's working out for the company as well as it is for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment