Thursday, June 15, 2017

Kingdom Focused Giving: A Follow Up

Two weeks ago, I entered a post describing ways that we were planning, as subjects of the Kingdom, to contribute financially to the needs of people we know.

In that post, I described what we did for one family.

In the case of my coworker who's been ill, we decided to make a gift of cash.

We tried to do it anonymously this time.

(Don't try that. The whole thing got messy and, in the end, more people became aware of what we did than had to know and, it appears that we put someone in the company I work for in an uncomfortable position.)

Anyway, Evie and I considered, in the Spirit, the size of the gift we should give and quickly agreed on a number of dollars. Curiously, the number we agreed on is a sort of round number but certainly not an obvious number if rounding off is your goal.

So...

We got the cash together and arranged for it to be given to my coworker.

Today is the day that the money was going to be given.

And, about two hours before my coworker received our gift, she sent me a text with a prayer request. She had a sudden, unexpected expense. She begged me not to think she was asking for money.

THE SUDDEN AND UNEXPECTED EXPENSE SHE DESCRIBED WAS EXACTLY, TO THE PENNY, THE AMOUNT INSIDE THE ENVELOPE FROM US!

We are intentional about living, as Paul says in Galatians, "by the Spirit," and there are times when the Spirit lets you know that you got it right.

Amazing!

To the PENNY!!!!!!!!!!

My coworker was amazed by the to the penny part of it, more than the amount of the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment