Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Three Charges Laid Against Me

Several days ago, a person whom I've considered to be a friend for more than 30 years--AND WHOM I STILL CONSIDER TO BE A FRIEND--accidentally sent me an email intended for another couple.

S/he is a reader of this blog and was sending a link to my INSTEAD OF ANOTHER WORKSHOP... post to the other people. The note included three comments about how I have responded to the credentials thing...

...and also suggested that I'm not mentally well.

I responded and I'm going to address the perceptions here because they may represent what others are thinking.

(I'm doing all I can to preserve the anonymity of the person who kicked this off.)


1. I haven't returned my credentials because I refused to accept delivery of the ERC's certified letter.

This is not true.

The truth is that, only after I whined to the ERC Commission on Church Renewal that, months after Conference sessions, I still had not heard anything from the Conference, a notice that a certified letter was awaiting me at the Denver post office appeared in my mailbox.

I did not pick it up.  That charge certainly is true.

The truth is that I have not returned my credentials because they have, to my knowledge, not been recalled.

Everyone who holds credentials in the CGGC is bound, by WE BELIEVE and the STATEMENT OF FAITH, to submit to the Bible as their only rule of faith and PRACTICE. All of us with CGGC credentials are required to PRACTICE...ONLY what the Word teaches.

The Word is clear about how conflict should be handled among followers of Jesus. And, as a member of the Eldership, I expect other CGGC elders to submit to the authority of the Word.

In fact, I DEMAND it.

Nothing else will satisfy me.

It seems to me that the ERC, these days, operates as a legal corporation, not as the Body of Christ. Nothing in CGGC Faith documents justices the behavior of ERC staff.

And, I won't accept it.

The rumored action against my credentials is against MY credentials. I believe therefore, I have a right to demand biblical obedience in this matter pertaining to ME.

I will settle for nothing less.

CGGC leaders adopted the "only rule of faith and practice" language. I did not. It's up to them to submit to it.


2. I had previously said that, if the Conference in session recalled my credentials, I would return them.

Same answer, sort of.

I don't know anything about the recall of my credentials.

In addition, though, while, according to reports, ERC mountaintoppers were FORCED to address the status of my credentials on the Conference floor, it would be hard to argue that mountaintoppers were biblical in dealing with me.

Whatever else was said and done, I still have no idea what charges I am facing. I still have no idea according to the Word, or under CGGC polity, what I am accused of doing wrong.


3. I'm now saying that the General Conference will have to recall my credentials.

Honestly, I don't know where this charge came from. I can't imagine what I might have written here that could have led to this conclusion.

For the record: I know that my ordination came from the ERC.

It may happen, in time, that wisdom may demand that the General Conference meditate due to the nature of the charges I'm raising against the ERC.

---------------

I learned years ago, after I began to try to live faithfully according to what I believe to be my calling to be a prophet, that, in the CGGC, there is a ton of gossip passed on about me and that a lot of derogatory remarks are spoken and written about me...behind my back.

People who remain my friends hear them and pass some of them on to me.

---------------

I write this here to clarify the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment