Sunday, July 24, 2016

Developments and Thoughts on the Depantsing of Faith Community

Nothing significant in terms of actual events has happened.

I have made the point to the Commission that I still have not been informed from any authoritative source that the Conference acted to recall my credentials.   If the rumors passed on to me are based in truth, the Conference acted 95 days ago!

And, I have refused to act on the Commission’s request until the issue of the status of my credentials has been addressed properly.

The guy who is serving as the Commission contact person is offering rumblings to me that seem to threaten that if I don't go forward on his terms, he will simply recommend that Faith be depantsed without any further conversation.

In the conversation we are having, I have made the observation that I support and PRACTICE  (I wrote it caps) CGGC doctrine and it's Mission and Vision Statements and, yet, the Commission is telling me that the Conference has removed my credentials and that, to the best of my knowledge, this sort of action has never been taken in the history of the CGGC.

Think about that!  Ask yourself what that fact is fruit of.

I have also made the observation that, even more remarkably, this Commission has initiated a process in which it may dissolve the relationship between the Conference and a group of CGGC believers who support and practice CGGC doctrine and it's Mission and Vision.

What do you think that action is fruit of!?!

This phrase keeps coming back to me, and I have tested it in the way I do to try to understand if a thought or impression is of the flesh or if it is genuinely prophetic.

The phrase is ecclesiastical thuggery. 

And, at this point, I think it is ecclesiastical thuggery.  The guy from the Commission has offered no biblical rationale for what it proposes and, honestly,  I can't imagine any.

This seems to me to be a Commission attempting to foist unbiblical Conference traditions on a group of CGGC people more committed to the CGGC Mission and Vision than it is.

If God is willing, I'll offer more on this drama later.

1 comment:

  1. FYI as far as Faith Community and CGGC doctrine and Mission and Vision:

    No one here really knows much about the doctrine of the CGGC or that it has Mission and Vision Statements. What we believe and do come from our hearts.

    But I defy any mountaintopper to find fault.

    ReplyDelete