Monday, February 16, 2015

I Officially Adopt Every Congregation in the US and Canada into the CGGC. NOW, CAN WE WORK ON BUILDING GOD'S KINGDOM?!?

Gang,

I have just finished reading the new, February/March 2015 edition of The CHURCH ADVOCATE

At first glance, it seemed like a real snoozer--a cure for insomnia--until I began to read it in view of the big-picture issues presenting themselves to the CGGC.

I may very well write more about these issues later.  But, for the moment, let me just embrace the spirit of the Growing the Family article on pp. 14 and 15. And, let me take its reasoning to its logical conclusion.

The final paragraph suggests that, in Matthew 16, after Peter's Confession of Him as the Christ and the Son of the Living God, when Jesus spoke of building His church, He might have had in mind the building of the CGGC through the adoption of existing congregations!

Unbelievably, the previous paragraph claims, using a form of calculus that apparently only computes in Findlay, that through the adopting of congregations under the CGGC brand, "the Kingdom of God can be advanced."

The Kingdom of God!?!!!

WHAT INSTITUTIONAL NARCISSISM!!!

This borders on blasphemy!

Let me just cut to the chase, then, and simplify this "Kingdom" building strategy.
By the authority vested in me as an ordained pastor of the Churches of God, General Conference, I now adopt every congregation located in the United States of America and in Canada into this august body. They are all now part of the CGGC!
I'll leave it to the bean counters in Findlay and on the lesser mountaintops to work out the issue of tithing.

------------------

Honestly!  Can anything be more institutional and church-focused and less rooted in the life lived by Jesus and the truth He taught.

Does anyone in the CGGC care about truth?!?!!

God have mercy!

2 comments:

  1. Two thoughts:

    1. Knowing how radically Ed skews the reality of the CGGC in the eNews, I wonder what these new adoptees really know about the CGGC family they been adopted into.

    2. Knowing the level of cynicism toward the mountaintoppers, I may actually be reading The CHURCH ADVOCATE for most of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you wanna bet that the adoptees don't know anything about me or this blog or about most of the people who read it--and agree more than disagree with it.

    ReplyDelete