Sunday, January 20, 2019

Update on my Posting on the CONTAGIOUS Blog

Michael Martin, moderator of the blog, not only published my comment to his Acting/Being post but he actually REPLIED to my comment. 

This is a first, if I'm correct, for the blog. A member of General Conference staff created a post which generated a comment, and then, participated in a conversation about it on the blog.

I hope you've already seen Michael's reply. It was cordial and constructive. And, it took the opportunity of my reply to extend the thought he set forth in his initial post.

I was questioning Michael, if not challenging him, on his understanding of what salvation is and how a person becomes saved.

And, he replied by describing his, well, doctrine of salvation in greater detail.

The question, as I see it, is the relationship between faith and works.

The issue is crucial because what we, in the CGGC, do will inevitably in the near future will be fruit of what we believe about how faith and righteousness are connected.

This is a conversation that has been going on since the ministry of Jesus and it was picked up by Paul in Ephesians 2:8-10 and by James in James 2.

The Reformation was, in effect, a church split over the question Michael and I are discussing.

And, you can read it on the CONTAGIOUS  blog.

A few moments ago, I submitted, for moderation, a reply to Michael's second comment.

As you will see, if and when it passes moderation, I take a position that connects faith and works much more intimately than does Michael.

I cite teachings of Jesus and Paul and James. I also refer to the lifestyle of Jesus and His early followers.

And, I appeal to the early days of the Church of God, when it was a dynamic and blessed movement.

I welcome your comments on the CONTAGIOUS Blog, here or off the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment