Thursday, January 10, 2019

226-0

I don't know how health insurance works for parish priests these days. It seemed to be getting more complicated as Obama Care changed things but I never had to worry about purchasing health insurance as a parish priest by that time.

I am able to participate in a plan through my current employer, and, I guess, its not bad.

New coverage for us begins January 1. The company changed carriers and the transition was complicated. We haven't actually received our new cards, but were able to get digital copies through our HR guy. In the interim, I needed to refill my prescription for generic Crestor.

The pharmacy sent me a voice mail saying that it needed my updated insurance information and then sent a second message saying that my new 30 day refill would cost $226.90.

Evie took the insurance information to the pharmacy the next day and, bottom line, the cost was nothing. Zero.

I don't pretend to understand this. But, I'm happy for the coverage.

But, if I didn't have it?!?????!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment