Thursday, September 27, 2018

Scuttlebutt on the ERC E. D. Search

I've heard from multiple sources by now that the search has been narrowed down to two candidates. And, if I know that, I'm guessing most people do.

I'm interested to see what the searchers, who framed the search, value. It has to have been a bit of a Rorschach test for them, eh?

I don't know who the finalists are. I haven't asked.  I do know about some who applied and didn't make the cut.

------------------

I have been very clear about the ways I consider the ERC's new New Strategic Plan to be theologically corrupt and theologically bankrupt.

It's all about healthy, life-giving pastors, churches and institutional leadership. Yet, in three of the four Gospels, the word church doesn't appear and there isn't one congregational pastor anywhere in the whole Bible and there is no such thing as an institutional leadership hierarchy to be found in the New Testament. The plan, therefore, is based kn what is obviously unbiblical.

Our body has always claimed as its central belief that, "The Bible is our only rule of faith and practice."

I wonder how someone who submits to and embraces that core belief can wish to be associated with the new New Strategic Plan.

Or will he...I expect it will be a he...plan to use his position to actually be a man of the Word, in spite failings of the new New Strategic Plan...and go above and beyond the plan?

One can but hope and pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment