Saturday, September 15, 2018

LANCE WROTE TO ME ABOUT MY eNews COMMENT

Only moments ago, I sent off a reply to an email Lance sent me regarding the nonpublication of my comment on Brent's guest article in the eNews.

Lance explained to me, very vigorously, that he didn't receive the comment I described, two posts ago, on this blog.

He noted that he's always published my comments in the past. He assured me that he would have published this one, if he had received it.

Neither of us understand what happened.

Lance accepts the fact that I did write a comment.

And, I take him at his word that my comment never appeared on his end.

When someone submits a comment to a moderated blog, based on the blogs I comment on, a note appears saying that the comment will appear after it is accepted by the moderator.

As I recall, all of my comments on the eNews blog, until the one in question, appeared precisely as I submitted them.

I RECALL RECEIVING THAT MESSAGE WHEN I SUBMITTED THE COMMENT IN QUESTION.

Lance assures me that he didn't receive it. I believe him.

Apparently, the actual comment is lost.

------------------

My second blog post on the nonpublished comment expressed my sense of the irony that a comment on an article about preparing for important conversations would be rejected for publication.

Obviously, since the comment was not received, it was not rejected. I considered deleting that post but I won't. Let it serve as a testimony to the folly in which, I'm ashamed to admit, I sometimes engage.

I wrote to Lance saying that I deeply regret acting on my conclusion that the nonpublication of my comment was intentional.

I do regret it.

I apologized to Lance and I hope he will accept my apology...

...and I apologize to the readers of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment