Sunday, July 29, 2018

Why I'll be Focusing less on the Kingdom

I've been mulling this over for a while...

...and I'm concluding that the church/Kingdom of God focus, well, argument...

...really is a trap which has the effect of making shepherd dominated thinking the center of the Christian universe.

It's true that, in the Gospels, Jesus talks Himself hoarse, going on and on about the Kingdom of God...

...and that He almost never talks church...

...and that when He does talk church, it's always in passing.

I've had an insight recently,  which came about, eventually, after reading a brief article, on prophecy, by Frank Viola.

And, it is this:

To talk about Kingdom over church is, nevertheless, to talk about something other than Jesus. 

I've been convicted lately that, even as I call others to be true to the spirit of what Jesus taught and did, in doing so, I focus so much on the idea of the Kingdom of God, that I focus too little on God, and, especially, on Jesus.

The Shepherd Mafia wants always to focus on church. So many of us, me, especially, fall into trap of arguing that it's proper to focus on the Kingdom.

It's not the right thing to focus on the Kingdom.

The correct thing is to make everything about Jesus.

So, go ahead, shepherds and institutionalists. Talk church.

From now on, for me, the focus will be on Jesus. On Him. Not church and not Kingdom. Not on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment